Drunken driving: Accused`s med rpt to be ready in a week
Mumbai: Blood samples of Nooriya Haveliwala
(27), currently in police custody for alleged drunken
driving and killing two persons including a cop, were sent to
Forensic Laboratory which would submit its report in a week,
a doctor said.
Haveliwala, a beautician by profession, allegedly under
the influence of alcohol had rammed her car into a police jeep
and a bike early morning yesterday, killing biker Afzal
Maknejia (35) and Dina Nath Shinde (40), an assistant
sub-inspector of the traffic police.
Police are also verifying whether she had consumed
"Her (Haveliwala) blood samples were sent to Forensic
Laboratory to establish if she had also consumed drugs,
besides alcohol. The samples will be examined at the lab to
trace drug contents," A Choudhary, superintendent of G T
hospital where blood samples of the accused were taken, said.
"It would take a week time to get the medical report,"
Meanwhile, traffic police has prosecuted 151 drunken
drivers on the fateful night when the accident occurred.
67 motorists were convicted ranging from one day to
five day simple imprisonment while 76 were given next date of
hearing. Eight motorists did not appear before the court and
licenses of 58 motorists have been suspended.
Since June 2007, when the police began its anti-drunken
driving drive, a total of 21942 were sent to simple
imprisonment while licenses of 21205 motorists were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?