Dutt appointed coordinator of Maha Congress legislature party
Mumbai: Maharashtra Congress general
secretary Sanjay Dutt was on Monday appointed as the coordinator
of the state Congress legislature party.
"MPCC chief Manikrao Thakre has appointed Dutt as
the coordinator of the state Congress legislature party," a
party release said.
Dutt recently resigned from the Legislative Council
thus paving way for Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to become
a legislator in a stipulated period of six months after taking
oath, of the either House, .
He would be responsible for convening legislature
party meetings and ensuring in the legislature that the party
manifesto is being implemented, the release said.
Chavan, a Rajya Sabha member, was sworn in as chief
minister in November last, succeeding Ashok Chavan, who quit
in the aftermath of the Adarsh scam. As per the norms,
Prithviraj Chavan must become a member of either House in
state legislature by May.
Election for the Legislative Council seat, vacated by
Dutt, would take place by April-end, a senior Vidhan Bhawan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...