Dy CM of Maha among 48 MSCB directors face forgery charges
Satara (Maharashtra): The Managing Director of a
sugar factory here has filed a criminal case in a local court
against 48 directors of the just dissolved Maharashtra State
Cooperative Bank (MSCB), including Deputy Chief Minister of
Maharashtra Ajit Pawar, alleging forgery and cheating in the
sale of the factory by the bank.
The MSCB was dissolved early this month by the Reserve
Bank of India because of accumulated bad debts.
The complaint was filed yesterday in the court of
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC), by Balkrishna Ghadge,
Managing Director of Gerandeshwar sugar factory located in
Chimangaon in Koregaon tehsil of Satara district.
The case would come up for hearing on May 27 before
JMFC K G Paldewar, who might consider issuing notices to the
respondents, the complainant`s lawyer, Raje Bhosale, said.
Among the bank directors who have been named as
accused are Chairman Manikrao Patil, Director Ajit Pawar and
Managing Director D M Mohol.
According to the complaint, the factory was auctioned
after its liquidation by the bank in 2010. Ghadge alleged that
in the auction, the MSCB directors decided to sell the factory
to Mumbai-based "Guru Commodity" for Rs 65 crore, although the
value of the property was rated much higher.
Ghadge alleged that in violation of conditions, the
payment was delayed and not deposited with the bank within the
stipulated period. Thereafter, the bank executed a fresh sale
deed for Rs 18 crore this month before Registrar of Companies
The complaint said Directors of the Bank were part of
the fraud committed on the sugar factory in the sale and that
they had allegedly committed cheating and forgery.
Pawar was not immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls