‘Easy to make statements that please people’
Mumbai: Rubbishing criticism by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, senior Nationalist Congress Party leader Ajit Pawar today said it was "easy to make statements which please people."
The Maharashtra deputy chief minister was responding to Raj`s statement at a public meeting in Nashik on July 2 where he had suggested that anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare "focus his energies on exposing corruption cases involving NCP leaders Ajit Pawar and Chhagan Bhujbal."
"In democracy, everybody has a right to speak. MNS has 12 MLAs in the Assembly. Let them speak in the House, show proof, documents," Ajit Pawar told reporters.
"A person like Raj Thackeray always speaks like this. It is easy to make statements which please people," he said, adding "everybody should play a role to expose corruption".
At the meeting, Raj Thackeray had said that it was time Hazare protested against alleged corruption of Ajit Pawar and public works minister Bhujbal.
"My party will support Hazare if he exposes these two leaders in several corruption cases," the MNS chief declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi