‘Easy to make statements that please people’
Mumbai: Rubbishing criticism by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, senior Nationalist Congress Party leader Ajit Pawar today said it was "easy to make statements which please people."
The Maharashtra deputy chief minister was responding to Raj`s statement at a public meeting in Nashik on July 2 where he had suggested that anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare "focus his energies on exposing corruption cases involving NCP leaders Ajit Pawar and Chhagan Bhujbal."
"In democracy, everybody has a right to speak. MNS has 12 MLAs in the Assembly. Let them speak in the House, show proof, documents," Ajit Pawar told reporters.
"A person like Raj Thackeray always speaks like this. It is easy to make statements which please people," he said, adding "everybody should play a role to expose corruption".
At the meeting, Raj Thackeray had said that it was time Hazare protested against alleged corruption of Ajit Pawar and public works minister Bhujbal.
"My party will support Hazare if he exposes these two leaders in several corruption cases," the MNS chief declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation