‘Easy to make statements that please people’
Mumbai: Rubbishing criticism by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, senior Nationalist Congress Party leader Ajit Pawar today said it was "easy to make statements which please people."
The Maharashtra deputy chief minister was responding to Raj`s statement at a public meeting in Nashik on July 2 where he had suggested that anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare "focus his energies on exposing corruption cases involving NCP leaders Ajit Pawar and Chhagan Bhujbal."
"In democracy, everybody has a right to speak. MNS has 12 MLAs in the Assembly. Let them speak in the House, show proof, documents," Ajit Pawar told reporters.
"A person like Raj Thackeray always speaks like this. It is easy to make statements which please people," he said, adding "everybody should play a role to expose corruption".
At the meeting, Raj Thackeray had said that it was time Hazare protested against alleged corruption of Ajit Pawar and public works minister Bhujbal.
"My party will support Hazare if he exposes these two leaders in several corruption cases," the MNS chief declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested