EC announces by-election for Maharashtra RS seat
New Delhi: The Election Commission has announced the schedule for bye-election to Rajya Sabha from Maharashtra for filling the vacancy following the death of Vilasrao Deshmukh.
As per the schedule announced today, the notification will be issued on December 26 and the last date for filing of nominations is January 2, 2013.
After scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of candidatures is January 5 and polling, if any, will be held on January 12 next from 9 AM to 4 PM and counting the same day at 5 PM.
The vacancy had occurred due to the death of sitting member and Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who died on August 14. His term of office was to expire on April 2, 2018.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'