EC announces by-election for Maharashtra RS seat
New Delhi: The Election Commission has announced the schedule for bye-election to Rajya Sabha from Maharashtra for filling the vacancy following the death of Vilasrao Deshmukh.
As per the schedule announced today, the notification will be issued on December 26 and the last date for filing of nominations is January 2, 2013.
After scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of candidatures is January 5 and polling, if any, will be held on January 12 next from 9 AM to 4 PM and counting the same day at 5 PM.
The vacancy had occurred due to the death of sitting member and Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who died on August 14. His term of office was to expire on April 2, 2018.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM