EC to visit Maharashtra tomorrow for Assembly polls preparation
New Delhi: Setting the ball rolling for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Maharashtra, the full panel of the Election Commission (EC) will visit the state on Monday.
The EC team, led by Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath and Election Commissioners H S Brahma and S N A Zaidi, will meet top officials of the state administration and the officials of the state Election department in Mumbai, sources said here.
The Commission is expected to be in Maharashtra for two days and during this period the CEC and his team will take meetings and deliberate with the state officials about the preparations being done to hold the Assembly polls in the state which are expected to be held in the later part of this year.
The Commission, sources said, is also expected to review the voters list in the state during the visit.
The Maharashtra Assembly has 288 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Shamed Pakistan rejects India's claim of "surgical strikes" across LoC