EC to visit Maharashtra tomorrow for Assembly polls preparation
New Delhi: Setting the ball rolling for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Maharashtra, the full panel of the Election Commission (EC) will visit the state on Monday.
The EC team, led by Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath and Election Commissioners H S Brahma and S N A Zaidi, will meet top officials of the state administration and the officials of the state Election department in Mumbai, sources said here.
The Commission is expected to be in Maharashtra for two days and during this period the CEC and his team will take meetings and deliberate with the state officials about the preparations being done to hold the Assembly polls in the state which are expected to be held in the later part of this year.
The Commission, sources said, is also expected to review the voters list in the state during the visit.
The Maharashtra Assembly has 288 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui