ED files charge sheet against `miracle doctor` Muneer Khan
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate has filed a 1,110-page charge sheet against self-proclaimed scientist and `miracle doctor` Munir Khan, arrested on the charges of cheating and forgery in 2010.
"We filed the charge sheet on Tuesday before the special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court, said an ED official.
The charge sheet also names Khan`s wife Ruksana and sons Munish and Sarosh; all of them booked under the PMLA Act.
The ED recently attached Khan`s properties.
Khan, arrested in May 2010 (later he got bail) is accused of cheating over 120 people by claiming that his medicine `Body Revival` can cure all diseases including cancer and he had some celebrity clients. The medicine was priced at Rs 16,000 for a 100 ml bottle.
Khan`s advertisements of the medicine on TV featured him with yesteryear television actor Tabassum. The actor had also intervened in the case, saying Khan misled her.
In 2009, Khan`s clinic at suburban Versova was raided by the Food and Drugs Administration. He was also booked under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code, Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act and Maharashtra Medical Practitioners Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset