ED files charge sheet against `miracle doctor` Muneer Khan
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate has filed a 1,110-page charge sheet against self-proclaimed scientist and `miracle doctor` Munir Khan, arrested on the charges of cheating and forgery in 2010.
"We filed the charge sheet on Tuesday before the special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court, said an ED official.
The charge sheet also names Khan`s wife Ruksana and sons Munish and Sarosh; all of them booked under the PMLA Act.
The ED recently attached Khan`s properties.
Khan, arrested in May 2010 (later he got bail) is accused of cheating over 120 people by claiming that his medicine `Body Revival` can cure all diseases including cancer and he had some celebrity clients. The medicine was priced at Rs 16,000 for a 100 ml bottle.
Khan`s advertisements of the medicine on TV featured him with yesteryear television actor Tabassum. The actor had also intervened in the case, saying Khan misled her.
In 2009, Khan`s clinic at suburban Versova was raided by the Food and Drugs Administration. He was also booked under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code, Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act and Maharashtra Medical Practitioners Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video