ED files charge sheet against `miracle doctor` Muneer Khan
Mumbai: The Enforcement Directorate has filed a 1,110-page charge sheet against self-proclaimed scientist and `miracle doctor` Munir Khan, arrested on the charges of cheating and forgery in 2010.
"We filed the charge sheet on Tuesday before the special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court, said an ED official.
The charge sheet also names Khan`s wife Ruksana and sons Munish and Sarosh; all of them booked under the PMLA Act.
The ED recently attached Khan`s properties.
Khan, arrested in May 2010 (later he got bail) is accused of cheating over 120 people by claiming that his medicine `Body Revival` can cure all diseases including cancer and he had some celebrity clients. The medicine was priced at Rs 16,000 for a 100 ml bottle.
Khan`s advertisements of the medicine on TV featured him with yesteryear television actor Tabassum. The actor had also intervened in the case, saying Khan misled her.
In 2009, Khan`s clinic at suburban Versova was raided by the Food and Drugs Administration. He was also booked under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code, Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act and Maharashtra Medical Practitioners Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself
- Reforms to aid growth; banking sector risks remain: Moody's
- Here's why NASA calls low level of Arctic sea ice the 'new normal' – Watch!
- Watch: This rare video of young Varun Dhawan will leave you astonished!
- Madras Day: These 5 things make Chennai so special