ED to confront Hasan with disclosures made by Pandey, Singh
Mumbai: Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday
moved the special court set up under Protection of Money
Laundering Act, to seek a permission to question Pune-based
stud farm owner, Hasan Ali Khan for three days.
Khan is currently in judicial custody, and ED says it
wants to confront him with disclosures made by Congress leader
Amlendu Pandey, Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Dr Iqbal Singh,
and one KC Singh.
"The accused be sent on examination warrant to the
Directorate of Enforcement for a period of three days to
enable further progress in investigation," ED`s application
Khan was arrested by ED in March, and after some days in
ED`s custody, he was remanded to judicial custody.
According to ED, Pandey and Singh have been questioned
about Khan obtaining a fake passport from Patna Passport
The Court is likely to hear ED`s application for Khan`s
Meanwhile, Kolkata-based businessman and co-accused
Kashinath Tapuriah was today produced before the court for
remand, but the hearing was adjourned till tomorrow.
In another development, Bombay High Court today disposed
of Khan`s petition seeking bail and asked him to go to special
Khan is facing the charge of stashing away billions of
dollars in foreign banks with the help of his associate
Tapuriah. Pandey is suspected to have helped Khan in
procuring fake passport from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured