ED to confront Hasan with disclosures made by Pandey, Singh
Mumbai: Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday
moved the special court set up under Protection of Money
Laundering Act, to seek a permission to question Pune-based
stud farm owner, Hasan Ali Khan for three days.
Khan is currently in judicial custody, and ED says it
wants to confront him with disclosures made by Congress leader
Amlendu Pandey, Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Dr Iqbal Singh,
and one KC Singh.
"The accused be sent on examination warrant to the
Directorate of Enforcement for a period of three days to
enable further progress in investigation," ED`s application
Khan was arrested by ED in March, and after some days in
ED`s custody, he was remanded to judicial custody.
According to ED, Pandey and Singh have been questioned
about Khan obtaining a fake passport from Patna Passport
The Court is likely to hear ED`s application for Khan`s
Meanwhile, Kolkata-based businessman and co-accused
Kashinath Tapuriah was today produced before the court for
remand, but the hearing was adjourned till tomorrow.
In another development, Bombay High Court today disposed
of Khan`s petition seeking bail and asked him to go to special
Khan is facing the charge of stashing away billions of
dollars in foreign banks with the help of his associate
Tapuriah. Pandey is suspected to have helped Khan in
procuring fake passport from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre