ED to question Tapuriah in money laundering case
Mumbai: A special court on Tuesday granted
permission to the Enforcement Directorate to question
Kashinath Tapuriah, the Kolkata-based businessman and alleged
aide of stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, in his custody for two
"We will now question Tapuriah on Wednesday and Thursday
in connection with certain transactions," said an ED officer
after the Prevention of Money Laundering Act court`s
The ED`s contention is that Khan and Tapuriah stashed
billions of dollars in foreign banks, a large chunk of which
was obtained by Khan through the sale of weapons to
international arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi.
Tapuriah had also allegedly helped Khan in getting some
contracts for supply of scrap to some top steel companies
for the latter`s scrap trading business.
Khan is facing charges of stashing away billions of
dollars in the foreign banks with the help of his associate
He is also facing close to Rs 70,000 crore tax demand
notice from the Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet