Eight hurt as drunk driver rams car into bike, auto-rickshaws
Pune: Eight persons were injured when a man driving under the influence of alcohol allegedly rammed his car into a roadside stall and few vehicles on busy Jangli Maharaj Road here, police said Thursday.
The car, driven by one Mahesh Sardesai, hit a two-wheeler near the City Transport Bus Terminus before ramming into auto-rickshaws parked there and also a juice stall last night, they said.
The incident caused panic among people in the busy area.
Sardesai was caught by people and thrashed before being handed over to police.
Police said a breath analyser test confirmed that Sardesai was driving under the influence of alcohol when the mishap occurred.
In a similar incident in 2012, a State Transport (ST) bus driver, Santosh Mane had crushed to death nine persons by driving recklessly in busy Swargate area of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir