Eight hurt as drunk driver rams car into bike, auto-rickshaws
Pune: Eight persons were injured when a man driving under the influence of alcohol allegedly rammed his car into a roadside stall and few vehicles on busy Jangli Maharaj Road here, police said Thursday.
The car, driven by one Mahesh Sardesai, hit a two-wheeler near the City Transport Bus Terminus before ramming into auto-rickshaws parked there and also a juice stall last night, they said.
The incident caused panic among people in the busy area.
Sardesai was caught by people and thrashed before being handed over to police.
Police said a breath analyser test confirmed that Sardesai was driving under the influence of alcohol when the mishap occurred.
In a similar incident in 2012, a State Transport (ST) bus driver, Santosh Mane had crushed to death nine persons by driving recklessly in busy Swargate area of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley