Eight hurt as drunk driver rams car into bike, auto-rickshaws
Pune: Eight persons were injured when a man driving under the influence of alcohol allegedly rammed his car into a roadside stall and few vehicles on busy Jangli Maharaj Road here, police said Thursday.
The car, driven by one Mahesh Sardesai, hit a two-wheeler near the City Transport Bus Terminus before ramming into auto-rickshaws parked there and also a juice stall last night, they said.
The incident caused panic among people in the busy area.
Sardesai was caught by people and thrashed before being handed over to police.
Police said a breath analyser test confirmed that Sardesai was driving under the influence of alcohol when the mishap occurred.
In a similar incident in 2012, a State Transport (ST) bus driver, Santosh Mane had crushed to death nine persons by driving recklessly in busy Swargate area of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister