Eight hurt as drunk driver rams car into bike, auto-rickshaws
Pune: Eight persons were injured when a man driving under the influence of alcohol allegedly rammed his car into a roadside stall and few vehicles on busy Jangli Maharaj Road here, police said Thursday.
The car, driven by one Mahesh Sardesai, hit a two-wheeler near the City Transport Bus Terminus before ramming into auto-rickshaws parked there and also a juice stall last night, they said.
The incident caused panic among people in the busy area.
Sardesai was caught by people and thrashed before being handed over to police.
Police said a breath analyser test confirmed that Sardesai was driving under the influence of alcohol when the mishap occurred.
In a similar incident in 2012, a State Transport (ST) bus driver, Santosh Mane had crushed to death nine persons by driving recklessly in busy Swargate area of the city.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her