Eight hurt as drunk driver rams car into bike, auto-rickshaws
Pune: Eight persons were injured when a man driving under the influence of alcohol allegedly rammed his car into a roadside stall and few vehicles on busy Jangli Maharaj Road here, police said Thursday.
The car, driven by one Mahesh Sardesai, hit a two-wheeler near the City Transport Bus Terminus before ramming into auto-rickshaws parked there and also a juice stall last night, they said.
The incident caused panic among people in the busy area.
Sardesai was caught by people and thrashed before being handed over to police.
Police said a breath analyser test confirmed that Sardesai was driving under the influence of alcohol when the mishap occurred.
In a similar incident in 2012, a State Transport (ST) bus driver, Santosh Mane had crushed to death nine persons by driving recklessly in busy Swargate area of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh