Eight injured in police lathicharge in Solapur
Solapur: At least eight persons were injured
when police resorted to lathicharge to disperse protesters here who had taken out a procession to celebrate Ambedkar anniversary.
According to police sources and eyewitnesses, the
incident took place late last night when the huge procession
reached the Mayor bungalow area.
Angry over police action, the mob also pelted stones on
the cops injuring a Deputy Police Commissioner, they said.
The injured have been admitted to the civil hospital here
and the situation is now under control, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue