Eight injured in police lathicharge in Solapur
Solapur: At least eight persons were injured
when police resorted to lathicharge to disperse protesters here who had taken out a procession to celebrate Ambedkar anniversary.
According to police sources and eyewitnesses, the
incident took place late last night when the huge procession
reached the Mayor bungalow area.
Angry over police action, the mob also pelted stones on
the cops injuring a Deputy Police Commissioner, they said.
The injured have been admitted to the civil hospital here
and the situation is now under control, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes