Eight injured in police lathicharge in Solapur
Solapur: At least eight persons were injured
when police resorted to lathicharge to disperse protesters here who had taken out a procession to celebrate Ambedkar anniversary.
According to police sources and eyewitnesses, the
incident took place late last night when the huge procession
reached the Mayor bungalow area.
Angry over police action, the mob also pelted stones on
the cops injuring a Deputy Police Commissioner, they said.
The injured have been admitted to the civil hospital here
and the situation is now under control, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble