Eight killed as bus catches fire in Nagpur
Nagpur: Eight persons, including four women were charred to death when a private luxury bus caught fire in the wee hours on Saturday at Hinganghat, about 100 kms from here, police said.
The bus carrying a marriage party was on its way back to Hinganghat, when the blaze broke out in the vehicle near Jam village, killing eight passengers on the spot, they said.
Six others were injured in the fire and were rushed to Hinganghat Civil Hospital. The deceased have not been identified yet.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. The driver and conductor of the gutted bus fled from the scene soon after the incident.
Top Police officials from Samrudpurpur Police station and Wardha district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!