Eight killed as bus catches fire in Nagpur
Nagpur: Eight persons, including four women were charred to death when a private luxury bus caught fire in the wee hours on Saturday at Hinganghat, about 100 kms from here, police said.
The bus carrying a marriage party was on its way back to Hinganghat, when the blaze broke out in the vehicle near Jam village, killing eight passengers on the spot, they said.
Six others were injured in the fire and were rushed to Hinganghat Civil Hospital. The deceased have not been identified yet.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. The driver and conductor of the gutted bus fled from the scene soon after the incident.
Top Police officials from Samrudpurpur Police station and Wardha district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez