Eight killed as bus catches fire in Nagpur
Nagpur: Eight persons, including four women were charred to death when a private luxury bus caught fire in the wee hours on Saturday at Hinganghat, about 100 kms from here, police said.
The bus carrying a marriage party was on its way back to Hinganghat, when the blaze broke out in the vehicle near Jam village, killing eight passengers on the spot, they said.
Six others were injured in the fire and were rushed to Hinganghat Civil Hospital. The deceased have not been identified yet.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. The driver and conductor of the gutted bus fled from the scene soon after the incident.
Top Police officials from Samrudpurpur Police station and Wardha district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands