Eight killed as bus catches fire in Nagpur
Nagpur: Eight persons, including four women were charred to death when a private luxury bus caught fire in the wee hours on Saturday at Hinganghat, about 100 kms from here, police said.
The bus carrying a marriage party was on its way back to Hinganghat, when the blaze broke out in the vehicle near Jam village, killing eight passengers on the spot, they said.
Six others were injured in the fire and were rushed to Hinganghat Civil Hospital. The deceased have not been identified yet.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. The driver and conductor of the gutted bus fled from the scene soon after the incident.
Top Police officials from Samrudpurpur Police station and Wardha district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what