Eight killed as bus catches fire in Nagpur
Nagpur: Eight persons, including four women were charred to death when a private luxury bus caught fire in the wee hours on Saturday at Hinganghat, about 100 kms from here, police said.
The bus carrying a marriage party was on its way back to Hinganghat, when the blaze broke out in the vehicle near Jam village, killing eight passengers on the spot, they said.
Six others were injured in the fire and were rushed to Hinganghat Civil Hospital. The deceased have not been identified yet.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. The driver and conductor of the gutted bus fled from the scene soon after the incident.
Top Police officials from Samrudpurpur Police station and Wardha district have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack