Eight killed in landslide in Ratnagiri
Mumbai: Eight persons were killed in a
landslide triggered by heavy rains in coastal Ratnagiri
district of Maharashtra on Saturday, police said.
Rescue personnel have extricated eight bodies from the
debris. A woman was also injured in the incident that occurred
at Harne village in Dapoli tehsil, about 300 km from here, at
around 2 AM, they said.
No one is believed to be under the rubble now, police
said, adding incessant rains were hampering operations.
The landslide badly damaged two houses in the village.
Police had earlier said that ten persons were feared
killed due to heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY