Eight killed in landslide in Ratnagiri
Mumbai: Eight persons were killed in a
landslide triggered by heavy rains in coastal Ratnagiri
district of Maharashtra on Saturday, police said.
Rescue personnel have extricated eight bodies from the
debris. A woman was also injured in the incident that occurred
at Harne village in Dapoli tehsil, about 300 km from here, at
around 2 AM, they said.
No one is believed to be under the rubble now, police
said, adding incessant rains were hampering operations.
The landslide badly damaged two houses in the village.
Police had earlier said that ten persons were feared
killed due to heavy rains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3