Eight-year-old girl raped, murdered in Mumbai
Mumbai: An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered in Gandhi Nagar area of Worli in central Mumbai during the wee hours Tuesday, police said.
The deceased lived with her family on a footpath, police said.
According to police, the victim`s parents found her missing when they woke up in the morning, after which they started searching for her.
Her body was found 100 ft away from their hut among plants near the footpath at around 6:30 am, they said.
Locals informed the police who rushed the girl to Nair hospital where she was declared dead on arrival.
"Medical reports have confirmed that the victim was raped and strangulated to death. A case has been registered in this regard," police inspector Sushil Ingale of Worli police station said.
A few persons have been detained and other slum dwellers are being questioned, he said.
The victim`s father is a crane driver and mother does odd jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1