Eight-year-old girl raped, murdered in Mumbai
Mumbai: An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered in Gandhi Nagar area of Worli in central Mumbai during the wee hours Tuesday, police said.
The deceased lived with her family on a footpath, police said.
According to police, the victim`s parents found her missing when they woke up in the morning, after which they started searching for her.
Her body was found 100 ft away from their hut among plants near the footpath at around 6:30 am, they said.
Locals informed the police who rushed the girl to Nair hospital where she was declared dead on arrival.
"Medical reports have confirmed that the victim was raped and strangulated to death. A case has been registered in this regard," police inspector Sushil Ingale of Worli police station said.
A few persons have been detained and other slum dwellers are being questioned, he said.
The victim`s father is a crane driver and mother does odd jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued