Eight-year-old girl raped, murdered in Mumbai
Mumbai: An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered in Gandhi Nagar area of Worli in central Mumbai during the wee hours Tuesday, police said.
The deceased lived with her family on a footpath, police said.
According to police, the victim`s parents found her missing when they woke up in the morning, after which they started searching for her.
Her body was found 100 ft away from their hut among plants near the footpath at around 6:30 am, they said.
Locals informed the police who rushed the girl to Nair hospital where she was declared dead on arrival.
"Medical reports have confirmed that the victim was raped and strangulated to death. A case has been registered in this regard," police inspector Sushil Ingale of Worli police station said.
A few persons have been detained and other slum dwellers are being questioned, he said.
The victim`s father is a crane driver and mother does odd jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal