Elderly man held for murdering woman in Palghar
Palghar: An elderly man was arrested for allegedly strangulating to death a woman in Wada taluka of the district, police said Friday.
A highly decomposed body of the middle-aged woman, bearing strangulation marks around neck, was found in the Kiniapada forest of Nehroli village yesterday, Wada police station`s assistant police inspector S M Chowdhary said.
A probe into the case revealed that Nitin Gopal Wagh (55), a resident of Nehroli village, had an illicit relationship with the woman since a long time.
In a bid to get rid of her, Wagh took her to the forest around 10 days back where he strangled her and dumped the body, the police officer said.
Based on a complaint by the deceased`s son, police nabbed Wagh last night and booked him under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC, he said, adding that further probe in the case was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister