Elderly man held for murdering woman in Palghar
Palghar: An elderly man was arrested for allegedly strangulating to death a woman in Wada taluka of the district, police said Friday.
A highly decomposed body of the middle-aged woman, bearing strangulation marks around neck, was found in the Kiniapada forest of Nehroli village yesterday, Wada police station`s assistant police inspector S M Chowdhary said.
A probe into the case revealed that Nitin Gopal Wagh (55), a resident of Nehroli village, had an illicit relationship with the woman since a long time.
In a bid to get rid of her, Wagh took her to the forest around 10 days back where he strangled her and dumped the body, the police officer said.
Based on a complaint by the deceased`s son, police nabbed Wagh last night and booked him under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC, he said, adding that further probe in the case was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave