Elderly man held for murdering woman in Palghar
Palghar: An elderly man was arrested for allegedly strangulating to death a woman in Wada taluka of the district, police said Friday.
A highly decomposed body of the middle-aged woman, bearing strangulation marks around neck, was found in the Kiniapada forest of Nehroli village yesterday, Wada police station`s assistant police inspector S M Chowdhary said.
A probe into the case revealed that Nitin Gopal Wagh (55), a resident of Nehroli village, had an illicit relationship with the woman since a long time.
In a bid to get rid of her, Wagh took her to the forest around 10 days back where he strangled her and dumped the body, the police officer said.
Based on a complaint by the deceased`s son, police nabbed Wagh last night and booked him under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC, he said, adding that further probe in the case was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'