Elderly man held for murdering woman in Palghar
Palghar: An elderly man was arrested for allegedly strangulating to death a woman in Wada taluka of the district, police said Friday.
A highly decomposed body of the middle-aged woman, bearing strangulation marks around neck, was found in the Kiniapada forest of Nehroli village yesterday, Wada police station`s assistant police inspector S M Chowdhary said.
A probe into the case revealed that Nitin Gopal Wagh (55), a resident of Nehroli village, had an illicit relationship with the woman since a long time.
In a bid to get rid of her, Wagh took her to the forest around 10 days back where he strangled her and dumped the body, the police officer said.
Based on a complaint by the deceased`s son, police nabbed Wagh last night and booked him under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC, he said, adding that further probe in the case was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list