Elderly man held for murdering woman in Palghar
Palghar: An elderly man was arrested for allegedly strangulating to death a woman in Wada taluka of the district, police said Friday.
A highly decomposed body of the middle-aged woman, bearing strangulation marks around neck, was found in the Kiniapada forest of Nehroli village yesterday, Wada police station`s assistant police inspector S M Chowdhary said.
A probe into the case revealed that Nitin Gopal Wagh (55), a resident of Nehroli village, had an illicit relationship with the woman since a long time.
In a bid to get rid of her, Wagh took her to the forest around 10 days back where he strangled her and dumped the body, the police officer said.
Based on a complaint by the deceased`s son, police nabbed Wagh last night and booked him under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the IPC, he said, adding that further probe in the case was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar