Elderly woman killed over land dispute; six held
Thane: An elderly woman was allegedly killed by a group of villagers over a land dispute near Ambernath in the district, rural police said on Wednesday.
Six of the accused have been detained so far in this connection, a police official said.
A group of about 7-8 men came to the house of Hirabai Parshuram Rane (57), with whom they had a dispute over land, in Vasad-Jambul village last evening and attacked her with sticks and iron rods and fled from there, Kalyan taluka`s assistant police inspector VR Andhale said.
The woman died on the spot, he said.
Later, police launched a search for the culprits and detained six of them during the night, he said.
Offences have been registered under sections 302 (murder), 143 (unlawful assembly), 147 (rioting) and 149 of the IPC against the accused, police said, adding they are searching for the others involved in the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state