Elderly woman rape case: Accused in police remand till Dec 14
Mumbai: A man who was arrested for allegedly raping a sixty-one year old woman, was on Monday remanded to police custody till December 14 by a local court.
Ashok Kumar (42) was arrested yesterday for raping the elderly woman at her flat at Powai in suburban Mumbai on Saturday.
According to police, the accused has told them during interrogation that he took advantage of the fact that the woman was alone at her home.
Police also said that since the victim is still in a state of shock, they were yet to record her statement in the case.
The accused had gone to the victim`s apartment around 12.30 PM on Saturday and raped her before fleeing, police said, adding that Kumar was known to the woman and used to frequent her residence at Military Road.
Following the incident, the victim called her neighbours for help and was later taken to Bombay Hospital.
Based on the description given by the woman, Kumar was arrested from Tata Power Line area in suburban Borivali yesterday morning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest