Elderly woman rape case: Accused in police remand till Dec 14
Mumbai: A man who was arrested for allegedly raping a sixty-one year old woman, was on Monday remanded to police custody till December 14 by a local court.
Ashok Kumar (42) was arrested yesterday for raping the elderly woman at her flat at Powai in suburban Mumbai on Saturday.
According to police, the accused has told them during interrogation that he took advantage of the fact that the woman was alone at her home.
Police also said that since the victim is still in a state of shock, they were yet to record her statement in the case.
The accused had gone to the victim`s apartment around 12.30 PM on Saturday and raped her before fleeing, police said, adding that Kumar was known to the woman and used to frequent her residence at Military Road.
Following the incident, the victim called her neighbours for help and was later taken to Bombay Hospital.
Based on the description given by the woman, Kumar was arrested from Tata Power Line area in suburban Borivali yesterday morning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan