Elections to 3,027 gram panchayats in Maharashtra on Nov 26
Mumbai: Elections to 3,027 gram panchayats in Maharashtra will be held on November 26.
The tenure of these local bodies ends in December.
According to a statement from the State Election Commission, voters whose name figure in the electoral roll as of of June 30, 2012 will be eligible for voting.
The process of filing of nominations will start on November 7 and end on November 10. Scrutiny of papers will be done on November 12. Withdrawal of nomination papers will be till November 16 and on the same day, election symbols will be allocated to candidates.
Voting will take place through EVMs.
The election-bound gram panchayats are spread over 27 districts - Thane (93), Raigad (15), Ratnagiri (2), Sindhudurg (329), Nashik (1), Dhule (25), Ahmednagar (74), Jalgaon (130), Pune (209), Solapur (138), Satara (30), Sangli (68), Kolhapur (44), Aurangabad (2), Beed (700), Nanded (56), Parbhani (122), Jalna (123), Latur (2), Hingoli (33), Amravati (155), Akola (277), Buldhana (1), Washim (289), Wardha (109), Bhandara (1) and Gadchiroli (1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day