Elections to 3,027 gram panchayats in Maharashtra on Nov 26
Mumbai: Elections to 3,027 gram panchayats in Maharashtra will be held on November 26.
The tenure of these local bodies ends in December.
According to a statement from the State Election Commission, voters whose name figure in the electoral roll as of of June 30, 2012 will be eligible for voting.
The process of filing of nominations will start on November 7 and end on November 10. Scrutiny of papers will be done on November 12. Withdrawal of nomination papers will be till November 16 and on the same day, election symbols will be allocated to candidates.
Voting will take place through EVMs.
The election-bound gram panchayats are spread over 27 districts - Thane (93), Raigad (15), Ratnagiri (2), Sindhudurg (329), Nashik (1), Dhule (25), Ahmednagar (74), Jalgaon (130), Pune (209), Solapur (138), Satara (30), Sangli (68), Kolhapur (44), Aurangabad (2), Beed (700), Nanded (56), Parbhani (122), Jalna (123), Latur (2), Hingoli (33), Amravati (155), Akola (277), Buldhana (1), Washim (289), Wardha (109), Bhandara (1) and Gadchiroli (1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi