Elections to 3,027 gram panchayats in Maharashtra on Nov 26
Mumbai: Elections to 3,027 gram panchayats in Maharashtra will be held on November 26.
The tenure of these local bodies ends in December.
According to a statement from the State Election Commission, voters whose name figure in the electoral roll as of of June 30, 2012 will be eligible for voting.
The process of filing of nominations will start on November 7 and end on November 10. Scrutiny of papers will be done on November 12. Withdrawal of nomination papers will be till November 16 and on the same day, election symbols will be allocated to candidates.
Voting will take place through EVMs.
The election-bound gram panchayats are spread over 27 districts - Thane (93), Raigad (15), Ratnagiri (2), Sindhudurg (329), Nashik (1), Dhule (25), Ahmednagar (74), Jalgaon (130), Pune (209), Solapur (138), Satara (30), Sangli (68), Kolhapur (44), Aurangabad (2), Beed (700), Nanded (56), Parbhani (122), Jalna (123), Latur (2), Hingoli (33), Amravati (155), Akola (277), Buldhana (1), Washim (289), Wardha (109), Bhandara (1) and Gadchiroli (1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video