Eleven killed in Maharashtra road mishap
Pune: At least eleven people, including a woman and a child, were killed and three seriously injured after a jeep in which they were travelling, collided with a container truck on the Pune-Satara-Bangalore Road last night.
Both vehicles were heading towards Pune from Satara when the accident occurred.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital in Shirval.
An eyewitness, Om Prakash Jaiswal said that the trailer got disbalanced and fell on the car moving on its side.
"A trailer and a car were moving side by side on the road. The trailer got unbalanced and toppled over the car. The car was crushed and the people inside the car died on the spot. There were 11 passengers including 10 men and one woman," said Jaiswal.
Road accidents are common in India, where roads are often of poor quality.
Transport officials attribute a large number of accidents in India to reckless driving and untrained drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter