Eleven killed in Maharashtra road mishap
Pune: At least eleven people, including a woman and a child, were killed and three seriously injured after a jeep in which they were travelling, collided with a container truck on the Pune-Satara-Bangalore Road last night.
Both vehicles were heading towards Pune from Satara when the accident occurred.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital in Shirval.
An eyewitness, Om Prakash Jaiswal said that the trailer got disbalanced and fell on the car moving on its side.
"A trailer and a car were moving side by side on the road. The trailer got unbalanced and toppled over the car. The car was crushed and the people inside the car died on the spot. There were 11 passengers including 10 men and one woman," said Jaiswal.
Road accidents are common in India, where roads are often of poor quality.
Transport officials attribute a large number of accidents in India to reckless driving and untrained drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Top six excuses man gives to REJECT woman’s proposal
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!
- 7th Pay Commission: Five recommendations that will disappoint govt employees