Eleven killed in Maharashtra road mishap
Pune: At least eleven people, including a woman and a child, were killed and three seriously injured after a jeep in which they were travelling, collided with a container truck on the Pune-Satara-Bangalore Road last night.
Both vehicles were heading towards Pune from Satara when the accident occurred.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital in Shirval.
An eyewitness, Om Prakash Jaiswal said that the trailer got disbalanced and fell on the car moving on its side.
"A trailer and a car were moving side by side on the road. The trailer got unbalanced and toppled over the car. The car was crushed and the people inside the car died on the spot. There were 11 passengers including 10 men and one woman," said Jaiswal.
Road accidents are common in India, where roads are often of poor quality.
Transport officials attribute a large number of accidents in India to reckless driving and untrained drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion