Eleven tribals booked for cheating builder
Thane: As many as 11 tribals including six
women have been booked for cheating a renowned builder group
here, police said on Thursday.
Offences were registered under Section 420 of the IPC by
the Kapurbawdi police and the case has been transferred to the
Economic Offences Wing of Thane police for further
investigations, they said.
The entire building complex has come up on a land piece
which was sold for the second time by the tribal family, the
original land owners.
According to a complaint lodged with the police by a
Lodha Group official, Sanjay Parashar Chaturvedi the owners of
the land had since 2004 cheated the organisation, when they
entered into an agreement for the development of the land,
housing the Lodha Complex.
The complaint said the alleged accused have now once
again entered into a development agreement with another party,
cheating the builders.
The accused were identified as: Janubhai Manohar Karve,
Madhukar Manohar Karve, Shital Madhukar Karve, Jayanti Manohar
Karve, Anant Kashinath Karve, Suman Anant Karve, Prashant
Anant Karve, Deepak Anant Karve, Leena Anant Karve, Santosh
Manohar Karve and Bharti Limbaji Davre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?