Eleven tribals booked for cheating builder
Thane: As many as 11 tribals including six
women have been booked for cheating a renowned builder group
here, police said on Thursday.
Offences were registered under Section 420 of the IPC by
the Kapurbawdi police and the case has been transferred to the
Economic Offences Wing of Thane police for further
investigations, they said.
The entire building complex has come up on a land piece
which was sold for the second time by the tribal family, the
original land owners.
According to a complaint lodged with the police by a
Lodha Group official, Sanjay Parashar Chaturvedi the owners of
the land had since 2004 cheated the organisation, when they
entered into an agreement for the development of the land,
housing the Lodha Complex.
The complaint said the alleged accused have now once
again entered into a development agreement with another party,
cheating the builders.
The accused were identified as: Janubhai Manohar Karve,
Madhukar Manohar Karve, Shital Madhukar Karve, Jayanti Manohar
Karve, Anant Kashinath Karve, Suman Anant Karve, Prashant
Anant Karve, Deepak Anant Karve, Leena Anant Karve, Santosh
Manohar Karve and Bharti Limbaji Davre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons