Emergency landing for AI`s Jeddah-Mumbai flight
Mumbai: An Air India plane from Jeddah with 286 passengers and crew on board o Wednesday, landed under emergency conditions at the airport here following suspected hydraulic failure, the second such incident in as many days involving the state carrier.
All the passengers on the Jeddah-Mumbai flight were safe, an airline spokesperson said. "The AI-390 flight, carrying 286 people, including over 260 passengers, had to make a precautionary landing at the Mumbai airport due to a suspected hydraulic failure at around
1345 hrs. All the passengers deplaned safely," the spokesperson told a news agency.
Though the airline described the incident as a "precautionary" landing, a Mumbai airport spokesman said, emergency services were activated at the airport at 1258 hrs and the Airbus 330 aircraft landed safely at 1348 hrs. The alert was withdrawn at 1413 hrs.
The incident comes a day after an Air India plane with 123 passengers and crew landed under emergency conditions at the Thiruvananthapuram airport after a minor defect was detected in its hydraulic system.
On Monday, a Gulf Air plane with 137 passengers had skidded off the runway and got stuck in the mud at Kochi airport in bad weather, injuring seven passengers. The runway at the international airport was closed for 10 hours and aviation regulator DGCA has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them