Encroachment by Asaram`s ashram removed in Nashik
Nashik: Nashik Municipal Corporation officials on Thursday removed an encroaching structure put up by the Ashram of controversial godman Asaram Bapu in Savarkar Nagar area here.
The unauthorised structure put up in front of the Ashram encroached upon the area reserved for road, civic authorities said.
Ganesh Shinde, Assistant Commissioner of Police, said that NMC workers who pulled down the structure were provided police protection, and though some followers of Asaram Bapu gathered at the spot, there was no untoward incident.
The godman is currently in jail in connection with a case of sexual assault at Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test