Encroachment by Asaram`s Ashram removed in Nashik
Nashik: Nashik Municipal Corporation officials on Thursday removed an encroaching structure put up by the Ashram of controversial godman Asaram Bapu in Savarkar Nagar area here.
The unauthorised structure put up in front of the Ashram encroached upon the area reserved for road, civic authorities said.
Ganesh Shinde, Assistant Commissioner of Police, said that NMC workers who pulled down the structure were provided police protection, and though some followers of Asaram Bapu gathered at the spot, there was no untoward incident.
The godman is currently in jail in connection with a case of sexual assault at Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress