Encroachment by Asaram`s Ashram removed in Nashik
Nashik: Nashik Municipal Corporation officials on Thursday removed an encroaching structure put up by the Ashram of controversial godman Asaram Bapu in Savarkar Nagar area here.
The unauthorised structure put up in front of the Ashram encroached upon the area reserved for road, civic authorities said.
Ganesh Shinde, Assistant Commissioner of Police, said that NMC workers who pulled down the structure were provided police protection, and though some followers of Asaram Bapu gathered at the spot, there was no untoward incident.
The godman is currently in jail in connection with a case of sexual assault at Jodhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No respite from flood situation in UP, Bihar; schools closed in Allahabad, Varanasi
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport