Endosulfan ban not to impact performance: Dhanuka Agritech
Mumbai: Agro-chemicals manufacturer Dhanuka
Agritech on Tuesday said the interim ban on endosulfan by the
Supreme Court will not impact the company`s performance.
"Dhanuka Agritech Ltd (DAL) intends to convey to its
investors and stakeholders that the above product namely,
endosulfan has a very little share of less than 1 per cent
in the company`s business," the company said in a filing to
the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
DAL has better eco-friendly and safer substitutes for
endosulfan. Thus it will have no impact on the company`s
performance, it added.
Earlier, pesticide manufacturer Excel Crop Care had said
the Supreme Court order that has been issued during the peak
sale season would adversely affect the performance of the
company in the short term.
The Supreme Court on May 13 had banned the production,
sale and use of the controversial pesticide Endosulfan in the
country for the next eight weeks, holding that human life is
more important than anything else.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog