Engineer kills woman over love affair
Amravati: A 35-year-old woman was shot
dead allegedly by her civil engineer lover who later attempted suicide here in Eastern Maharashtra, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place at a deserted `dhaba` near
Teosa town on the Nagpur-Amravati highway late last night.
After shooting Vaishali Rajesh Upawade with a country-
made pistol, the engineer, Nitin Pusarkar (32), swallowed some
poisonous substance but he was saved by the police and admitted to a private hospital here, they said.
Upawade and Pusarkar, both hailing from adjoining
Nagpur and having an affair, came to the roadside eatery in a
car, driven by a third person. At around 11.30 pm, Pusarkar
pulled out the pistol and shot Upawade in the head, they said.
He asked the car driver, Kishor Urade, also from
Nagpur, to leave the spot and then tried to end his life too,
police said, adding Pusarkar is already married.
Police were clueless about the motive of the murder.
Urade has been taken into custody and he, along with
Pusarkar, booked for murder, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation