Engineering student drowns in water tank
Nashik: A 17-year-old engineering college student drowned in a water tank at Vilholy village on the Mumbai-Agra road near here, police said on Saturday.
The mishap took place yesterday when victim Devarsh Shantaram Nandre went to enjoy a swim with his friends after the `dahi handi` celebrations and met the watery grave, they said.
He was rushed to the Nashik civil hospital but could not be saved, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites