Engineering student drowns in water tank
Nashik: A 17-year-old engineering college student drowned in a water tank at Vilholy village on the Mumbai-Agra road near here, police said on Saturday.
The mishap took place yesterday when victim Devarsh Shantaram Nandre went to enjoy a swim with his friends after the `dahi handi` celebrations and met the watery grave, they said.
He was rushed to the Nashik civil hospital but could not be saved, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth