Enhanced security for courts in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Alarmed after the last year`s blast outside Delhi High Court, Maharashtra government has started enhancing the security infrastructure at the courts in the state.
"Execution of the plan to enhance security at sessions
court (here) has started, with the police today installing
door metal detector," public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan said.
Police now guard entry and exit points of the court.
Chavan said the drive to beef up the security would cover
courts across the state.
The plan was in works since September, following Delhi
blast. Deputy commissioner of Police, Cherring Dorje had had a
meeting with the Principal Sessions Judge S S Joshi in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender