Enhanced security for courts in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Alarmed after the last year`s blast outside Delhi High Court, Maharashtra government has started enhancing the security infrastructure at the courts in the state.
"Execution of the plan to enhance security at sessions
court (here) has started, with the police today installing
door metal detector," public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan said.
Police now guard entry and exit points of the court.
Chavan said the drive to beef up the security would cover
courts across the state.
The plan was in works since September, following Delhi
blast. Deputy commissioner of Police, Cherring Dorje had had a
meeting with the Principal Sessions Judge S S Joshi in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya