Enhanced security for courts in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Alarmed after the last year`s blast outside Delhi High Court, Maharashtra government has started enhancing the security infrastructure at the courts in the state.
"Execution of the plan to enhance security at sessions
court (here) has started, with the police today installing
door metal detector," public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan said.
Police now guard entry and exit points of the court.
Chavan said the drive to beef up the security would cover
courts across the state.
The plan was in works since September, following Delhi
blast. Deputy commissioner of Police, Cherring Dorje had had a
meeting with the Principal Sessions Judge S S Joshi in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?