Enhanced security for courts in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Alarmed after the last year`s blast outside Delhi High Court, Maharashtra government has started enhancing the security infrastructure at the courts in the state.
"Execution of the plan to enhance security at sessions
court (here) has started, with the police today installing
door metal detector," public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan said.
Police now guard entry and exit points of the court.
Chavan said the drive to beef up the security would cover
courts across the state.
The plan was in works since September, following Delhi
blast. Deputy commissioner of Police, Cherring Dorje had had a
meeting with the Principal Sessions Judge S S Joshi in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan