Enhanced security for courts in Maharashtra
Mumbai: Alarmed after the last year`s blast outside Delhi High Court, Maharashtra government has started enhancing the security infrastructure at the courts in the state.
"Execution of the plan to enhance security at sessions
court (here) has started, with the police today installing
door metal detector," public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan said.
Police now guard entry and exit points of the court.
Chavan said the drive to beef up the security would cover
courts across the state.
The plan was in works since September, following Delhi
blast. Deputy commissioner of Police, Cherring Dorje had had a
meeting with the Principal Sessions Judge S S Joshi in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20