Ensure completion of flats in time: Sachin Ahir tells MHADA
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has
directed the housing body, MHADA, to ensure that
under-construction flats are completed within the stipulated
time, state minister for housing Sachin Ahir said on Tuesday.
Ahir said he had received complaints that even after
allocating flats to the beneficiaries under lottery system,
they cannot move into new houses due to incomplete works by
the housing body.
"Their loan instalments are deducted every month. But,
they cannot go and stay there since the flats are not ready.
Many a times formalities like water connection and (issuing
of) occupation certificates are not completed," Ahir said on
the sidelines of the online lottery held by the MHADA
(Maharashtra Housing Area Development Authority) for allotment
of around 4000 flats located across Mumbai and suburbs.
The minister pointed out that responsibility will be
fixed on MHADA officials, including its CEO and vice
president, to ensure that the flats are completed on time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef