Ensure completion of flats in time: Sachin Ahir tells MHADA
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has
directed the housing body, MHADA, to ensure that
under-construction flats are completed within the stipulated
time, state minister for housing Sachin Ahir said on Tuesday.
Ahir said he had received complaints that even after
allocating flats to the beneficiaries under lottery system,
they cannot move into new houses due to incomplete works by
the housing body.
"Their loan instalments are deducted every month. But,
they cannot go and stay there since the flats are not ready.
Many a times formalities like water connection and (issuing
of) occupation certificates are not completed," Ahir said on
the sidelines of the online lottery held by the MHADA
(Maharashtra Housing Area Development Authority) for allotment
of around 4000 flats located across Mumbai and suburbs.
The minister pointed out that responsibility will be
fixed on MHADA officials, including its CEO and vice
president, to ensure that the flats are completed on time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport