Ensure completion of flats in time: Sachin Ahir tells MHADA
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has
directed the housing body, MHADA, to ensure that
under-construction flats are completed within the stipulated
time, state minister for housing Sachin Ahir said on Tuesday.
Ahir said he had received complaints that even after
allocating flats to the beneficiaries under lottery system,
they cannot move into new houses due to incomplete works by
the housing body.
"Their loan instalments are deducted every month. But,
they cannot go and stay there since the flats are not ready.
Many a times formalities like water connection and (issuing
of) occupation certificates are not completed," Ahir said on
the sidelines of the online lottery held by the MHADA
(Maharashtra Housing Area Development Authority) for allotment
of around 4000 flats located across Mumbai and suburbs.
The minister pointed out that responsibility will be
fixed on MHADA officials, including its CEO and vice
president, to ensure that the flats are completed on time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured