Esther murder case: Cops to conduct DNA test on suspects
Mumbai: Still searching for a breakthrough in the Esther Anuhaya murder case, Mumbai Police plan to conduct DNA tests on those persons who are suspected to be involved in the crime.
"We will conduct DNA tests on the suspects," police said.
The partially decomposed body of Esther was last week found near the Eastern Express Highway in central Mumbai. Esther had landed in Mumbai on January 4 after taking a train back to the city from her native place in Andhra Pradesh.
She was reported missing the next day.
Police had said that the girl was sexually assaulted and later killed by her assassins.
She had been employed in a software company in the city.
The family of the girl, meanwhile, met Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in New Delhi on Friday.
Investigators probing the death case are questioning taxi and autorickshaw drivers whose mobile locations were traced in and around the area where her body was found. Police said they have already sent Esther`s T-shirt for a forensic test to trace any foreign DNA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM