Ethiopian Assefa wins Mumbai Marathon
Mumbai: Ethiopia`s Girima Assefa Sunday won the 42-km full run at the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon 2011. He reached the finish line in two hours, nine minutes and 57 seconds.
"I am happy to have won. I will come back to Mumbai again to participate in the marathon next year," the 24-year-old athlete said.
Born in Shoa province of Ethiopia, Assefa first participated in a 20-km run in Paris in 2003 and has participated in more than 30 such runs and marathons since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!