Everybody has a right to form a political party: Venkaiah
Mumbai: Following anti-corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal`s announcement to float a political party, former BJP president Venkaiah Naidu Tuesday said that in a democratic country, everybody has a right to form a party.
"Forming a political party is the right of every individual in democracy. We have enough political parties. There are good parties as well as those parties, who have lost credibility. People always try to choose good parties," Naidu told reporters here.
"I can only tell you that it is easy to start a political party. But there is a great difficulty in sustaining it," he said.
The BJP leader added that the country had an alternative in the form of NDA. "We have done excellent and commendable work when we were in power. The country needs a change now," he added.
He, however, ruled out the possibility that Kejriwal`s party would prove as an optimal alternative. "I don`t feel that someone will suddenly become an alternative. It is not so easy," Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi