Ex-gangster used wife as `honeytrap` in murders
Mumbai: The probe into two separate instances of murder of citizens from Delhi here has revealed that former gangster and prime accused Vijay Palande used his model wife Simran Sood as a `honeytrap` to commit the crimes for usurping properties of the victims, police said.
"It has now emerged that Simran Sood is not Vijay Palande`s friend but his wife. Both married in year 1998 or 1999. After the marriage, Palande was involved in a crime and was behind bars for a few years. After he was freed, he started using his wife to trap victims for money and property," said a crime branch official.
Palande, formerly a gangster working for underworld don Santosh Shetty, along with his aides Dhananjay Shinde and Manoj Gajkosh, was apprehended by Crime Branch officials on April 11 in connection with the April 7 murder of Delhi-based businessman Arunkumar Tikku (67). Palande had befriended the victim`s actor son Anuj Tikku with a motive to acquire his plush apartment in upscale Lokhandwala Complex, police had said.
After their arrest, the trio were taken into custody by Oshiwara police where the offence was registered.
Palande`s wife Simran Sood, who hails from Punjab, was arrested by Amboli police on April 12 in connection with the abduction and murder of Delhi-based aspiring producer Karankumar Kakkad (28).
At the time of her arrest, Simran had claimed that she was 28 years old though it was later turned out that she was 38, police said.
In both the cases, Simran introduced Palande as her "brother" to Anuj and Karankumar, police said.
Palande allegedly hatched the conspiracy to kill Anuj`s father Arunkumar and Kakkad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'