Ex-Maharashtra minister Mohan Patil passes away
Thane: Former Maharashtra minister and senior PWP leader Mohan Patil Thursday passed away following prolonged illness in neighbouring Raigad district, family sources said.
The 68-year-old leader passed away at his residence in Pen area of Raigad. He is survived by wife, daughter and son Dhairyashil Patil, who is an MLA from Pen.
Patil, a five-time MLA from Pen constituency, had undertaken several agitations in the interest of farmers and villagers of Raigad.
He was Minister of State in 1999 in the Vilasrao Deshmukh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video