Ex-Maharashtra minister Mohan Patil passes away
Thane: Former Maharashtra minister and senior PWP leader Mohan Patil Thursday passed away following prolonged illness in neighbouring Raigad district, family sources said.
The 68-year-old leader passed away at his residence in Pen area of Raigad. He is survived by wife, daughter and son Dhairyashil Patil, who is an MLA from Pen.
Patil, a five-time MLA from Pen constituency, had undertaken several agitations in the interest of farmers and villagers of Raigad.
He was Minister of State in 1999 in the Vilasrao Deshmukh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?