Ex-MLA Pappu Kalani arrested for attack on civic officials
Thane: Former MLA Pappu Kalani has been arrested for allegedly assaulting Ulhasnagar civic officials, police said on Tuesday.
The arrest was made last night after Kalani and his bodyguards allegedly bashed up a team of officials from Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation when they were pulling down an unauthorised structure of NCP in the township, Ulhasnagar police station PI, MO Chavan said.
The complaint was filed yesterday by Deputy Municipal Commissioner Shekar Bhadane, who is the chief of the demolition cell of the Corporation, and was roughed up.
Besides Bhadane, AMC Sagar Gholap was also roughed up, the complaint said.
Senior Inspector Siddharth Wagh said that Kalani and ten of his bodyguards had been charged with different sections of IPC and Bombay Police Act for assault on government servants and preventing them from doing their duties.
Police said that Kalani, too, filed a cross complaint against the civic staff. The bodyguards are yet to be arrested.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on