Ex-MLA Pappu Kalani arrested for attack on civic officials
Thane: Former MLA Pappu Kalani has been arrested for allegedly assaulting Ulhasnagar civic officials, police said on Tuesday.
The arrest was made last night after Kalani and his bodyguards allegedly bashed up a team of officials from Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation when they were pulling down an unauthorised structure of NCP in the township, Ulhasnagar police station PI, MO Chavan said.
The complaint was filed yesterday by Deputy Municipal Commissioner Shekar Bhadane, who is the chief of the demolition cell of the Corporation, and was roughed up.
Besides Bhadane, AMC Sagar Gholap was also roughed up, the complaint said.
Senior Inspector Siddharth Wagh said that Kalani and ten of his bodyguards had been charged with different sections of IPC and Bombay Police Act for assault on government servants and preventing them from doing their duties.
Police said that Kalani, too, filed a cross complaint against the civic staff. The bodyguards are yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'