Ex-MLA Pappu Kalani arrested for attack on civic officials
Thane: Former MLA Pappu Kalani has been arrested for allegedly assaulting Ulhasnagar civic officials, police said on Tuesday.
The arrest was made last night after Kalani and his bodyguards allegedly bashed up a team of officials from Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation when they were pulling down an unauthorised structure of NCP in the township, Ulhasnagar police station PI, MO Chavan said.
The complaint was filed yesterday by Deputy Municipal Commissioner Shekar Bhadane, who is the chief of the demolition cell of the Corporation, and was roughed up.
Besides Bhadane, AMC Sagar Gholap was also roughed up, the complaint said.
Senior Inspector Siddharth Wagh said that Kalani and ten of his bodyguards had been charged with different sections of IPC and Bombay Police Act for assault on government servants and preventing them from doing their duties.
Police said that Kalani, too, filed a cross complaint against the civic staff. The bodyguards are yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?