Ex-MPCC chief Deshukh demands Dy CM post for Vidarbha region
Nagpur: Former Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) president Ranjeet Deshmukh has urged
newly-elected Chief Minister Ashok Chavan to give the post of
deputy chief minister to an MLA from Vidarbha region.
Congress` coalition partner NCP has already announced
Chagan Bhujbal`s name for the post.
A former Agriculture Minister Deshmukh, while
complimenting Chavan for success of Congress in recent
Assembly elections, said all developmental backlog issues of
Vidarbha region like pending irrigation works, roads,
agriculture, textile and healthcare can be entrusted to the
deputy chief minister.
He should also be allocated the important task of
handling the agrarian crisis, he added.
Deshmukh said this time, the Congress has performed much
better by bagging 24 more seats in the region compared with
2004 when party got 21 seats in Vidharbha.
The region has always been Congress` `citadel` since the
days of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you