Ex-MPCC chief Deshukh demands Dy CM post for Vidarbha region
Nagpur: Former Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) president Ranjeet Deshmukh has urged
newly-elected Chief Minister Ashok Chavan to give the post of
deputy chief minister to an MLA from Vidarbha region.
Congress` coalition partner NCP has already announced
Chagan Bhujbal`s name for the post.
A former Agriculture Minister Deshmukh, while
complimenting Chavan for success of Congress in recent
Assembly elections, said all developmental backlog issues of
Vidarbha region like pending irrigation works, roads,
agriculture, textile and healthcare can be entrusted to the
deputy chief minister.
He should also be allocated the important task of
handling the agrarian crisis, he added.
Deshmukh said this time, the Congress has performed much
better by bagging 24 more seats in the region compared with
2004 when party got 21 seats in Vidharbha.
The region has always been Congress` `citadel` since the
days of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India