Ex-PA of Cong MLC questioned in Pune blast case?
Thane: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism
Squad (ATS) on Saturday said it has neither questioned nor detained
a former personal assistant of a Congress MLC in connection
with the German Bakery blast even as the aide claimed he was
taken to Pune and his statement recorded.
MLC Sanjay Dutt`s former PA Arif Pathan is a member of
the transport committee of Kalyan Dombivali Municipal
Corporation and was taken to Bazarpeth Police Station in
Kalyan on Wednesday for questioning and let off on Friday.
"On Wednesday, I was taken to Bazarpeth police station
where I was questioned in related to some case. I was also
taken to Pune where my statement was recorded. Later they
found that I was not involved and let me off," 51-year-old
Pathan, a resident of Kalyan in neighbouring Thane district,
Asked if he was questioned in the Pune blast case, he
refused to specify saying the police would give an appropriate
answer for this.
Pathan said he used to work as personal assistant of
Dutt and left that job last December.
In his raection, ATS chief K P Raghuvanshi, probing
the Pune blast, said Pathan was not picked up, questioned or
detained in connection with the February 13 bombing that
ripped through the German Bakery, killing 17 people including
Pathan owns a family transport business in Kalyan and
his vehicles are used to transport livestock to Nashik,
Ahmednagar, Pune and other cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming