Ex-PA of Cong MLC questioned in Pune blast case?
Thane: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism
Squad (ATS) on Saturday said it has neither questioned nor detained
a former personal assistant of a Congress MLC in connection
with the German Bakery blast even as the aide claimed he was
taken to Pune and his statement recorded.
MLC Sanjay Dutt`s former PA Arif Pathan is a member of
the transport committee of Kalyan Dombivali Municipal
Corporation and was taken to Bazarpeth Police Station in
Kalyan on Wednesday for questioning and let off on Friday.
"On Wednesday, I was taken to Bazarpeth police station
where I was questioned in related to some case. I was also
taken to Pune where my statement was recorded. Later they
found that I was not involved and let me off," 51-year-old
Pathan, a resident of Kalyan in neighbouring Thane district,
Asked if he was questioned in the Pune blast case, he
refused to specify saying the police would give an appropriate
answer for this.
Pathan said he used to work as personal assistant of
Dutt and left that job last December.
In his raection, ATS chief K P Raghuvanshi, probing
the Pune blast, said Pathan was not picked up, questioned or
detained in connection with the February 13 bombing that
ripped through the German Bakery, killing 17 people including
Pathan owns a family transport business in Kalyan and
his vehicles are used to transport livestock to Nashik,
Ahmednagar, Pune and other cities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list