Expedite probe against Raj Thackeray: Court tells police
New Delhi: A court here on Thursday directed the Delhi Police to expedite its investigation in the FIR lodged against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray for allegedly branding Bihar natives in Mumbai as infiltrators.
"Investigating Officer is directed to expedite the investigation," Metropolitan Magistrate Pawan Singh Rajawat said.
The order was passed after the police filed a report on the status of the probe in the FIR and said it has issued notices to chief editors of various newspapers and news channels seeking certified copies of news reports of Thackeray`s speech in which he had allegedly branded Bihar natives as infiltrators in Mumbai and threatened to throw them out of the state.
The police said it has also sought details of the camera persons and reporters who had reported the matter in their newspapers and news channels and the reply to the same is awaited.
In September last year, Thackeray was booked under section 153 A (promoting enmity between different groups on ground of place of birth etc), 153 B (making imputations prejudicial to the national interest) and 505 (making statements conducing to public mischief) of the Indian Penal Code.
The FIR was lodged on court`s order on a complaint filed by advocate Prem Shankar Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued