Explosion in Mumbai suburb causes panic
Mumbai: Four construction workers including three women were injured on Tuesday when a bottle filled with glass splinters exploded in Vasai town near here, police said.
The incident took place around 7.30 am when the victims spotted a bag on the road near Babul Chowk in the town. Curious, they opened it and found `missile` bottles (used by fishermen in the district). When they unsealed the bottles, an explosion occurred injuring the four, they said.
The bottles filled with glass splinters using air pressure are thrown into ponds to catch fish. When it bursts, it kills the fish following which they are netted.
Immediately after the incident near the busy Dattani Mall, onlookers rushed to the spot, creating panic in the area. However, the situation was brought under control, when police ruled out the use of any explosives.
The injured have been admitted to local civic hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets