Explosion in Mumbai suburb causes panic
Mumbai: Four construction workers including three women were injured on Tuesday when a bottle filled with glass splinters exploded in Vasai town near here, police said.
The incident took place around 7.30 am when the victims spotted a bag on the road near Babul Chowk in the town. Curious, they opened it and found `missile` bottles (used by fishermen in the district). When they unsealed the bottles, an explosion occurred injuring the four, they said.
The bottles filled with glass splinters using air pressure are thrown into ponds to catch fish. When it bursts, it kills the fish following which they are netted.
Immediately after the incident near the busy Dattani Mall, onlookers rushed to the spot, creating panic in the area. However, the situation was brought under control, when police ruled out the use of any explosives.
The injured have been admitted to local civic hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok