Extra charge on `urgent` LPG supply a fraud on people: Naik
Mumbai: The additional delivery charge for
`urgent` supply of LPG cylinder is nothing but a fraud on
people and just another price increase by backdoor, former
Petroleum Minister Ram Naik said today.
"This price increase will result into artificial scarcity
and thereby corruption in LPG cylinder distribution," he said.
"During Vajpayee government regime, consumers were
getting immediate LPG connections and cylinders were available
to all within 24 hours," he said, adding immediate supply is
the right of the customer and therefore the additional charge
is not justified.
Hitherto distributors were keeping shops closed only for
a day but now consumers have to pay additional delivery charge
on two days viz Saturday and Sunday, he said.
With this decision, the government will be depriving
consumers of lower income group from urgent delivery as
consumers are expected to put up demand in writing or by
email, Naik said.
The government must withdraw this decision immediately,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata