Extra charge on `urgent` LPG supply a fraud on people: Naik
Mumbai: The additional delivery charge for
`urgent` supply of LPG cylinder is nothing but a fraud on
people and just another price increase by backdoor, former
Petroleum Minister Ram Naik said today.
"This price increase will result into artificial scarcity
and thereby corruption in LPG cylinder distribution," he said.
"During Vajpayee government regime, consumers were
getting immediate LPG connections and cylinders were available
to all within 24 hours," he said, adding immediate supply is
the right of the customer and therefore the additional charge
is not justified.
Hitherto distributors were keeping shops closed only for
a day but now consumers have to pay additional delivery charge
on two days viz Saturday and Sunday, he said.
With this decision, the government will be depriving
consumers of lower income group from urgent delivery as
consumers are expected to put up demand in writing or by
email, Naik said.
The government must withdraw this decision immediately,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest