`Facebook comment against Raj was on fake account`
Thane: A teenage boy was detained by police in neighbouring Thane district for questioning on Wednesday in connection with an allegedly vulgar post on Facebook against MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
However, police later said that a "fake account" was used by unidentified person or persons in the teenager`s name.
"We have received a complaint against a person that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray on Facebook. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the same mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told a news agency, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The boy has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Kundan Sankhe, the president of Thane rural unit of the MNS, has claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj Thackeray, and the people of Maharashtra, including women.
Late in the night, Additional Superintendent of Police, Thane, S Nishandar told a news agency that as per the probe, some unidentified person created a fake account in the name of Sunil Vishwakarma, and posted objectionable comment about Thackeray and Maharashtrians in his name.
Vishwakarma (19) had accessed his own Facebook account last on Monday, while the comment on fake account was posted the next day.
"Vishwakarma is helping us. We have registered a case against unidentified person," Nishandar added.
The incident came close on the heels of the arrest of two girls at Palghar over a Facebook comment by one of them on the shut-down of the city following Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s funeral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi