`Facebook comment against Raj was on fake account`
Thane: A teenage boy was detained by police in neighbouring Thane district for questioning on Wednesday in connection with an allegedly vulgar post on Facebook against MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
However, police later said that a "fake account" was used by unidentified person or persons in the teenager`s name.
"We have received a complaint against a person that he posted some objectionable comments against Raj Thackeray on Facebook. We are questioning him as we do not want to repeat the same mistakes committed a few days ago," an officer at Palghar police station told a news agency, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The boy has not been charged and police have sought legal opinion, he said.
Kundan Sankhe, the president of Thane rural unit of the MNS, has claimed the boy had made "vulgar" comments about Raj Thackeray, and the people of Maharashtra, including women.
Late in the night, Additional Superintendent of Police, Thane, S Nishandar told a news agency that as per the probe, some unidentified person created a fake account in the name of Sunil Vishwakarma, and posted objectionable comment about Thackeray and Maharashtrians in his name.
Vishwakarma (19) had accessed his own Facebook account last on Monday, while the comment on fake account was posted the next day.
"Vishwakarma is helping us. We have registered a case against unidentified person," Nishandar added.
The incident came close on the heels of the arrest of two girls at Palghar over a Facebook comment by one of them on the shut-down of the city following Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s funeral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?