Facebook outrage: I have no regrets, says Shaheen
Mumbai: 21-year-old Shaheen Dadha, who was arrested along with her friend Rinu Srinivasan for their Facebook comments questioning the shutdown in the city after Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray`s death has said that she has no regrets about her comments on facebook.
Speaking to CNN-IBN news channel, Shaheen said, “What I wrote on my facebook account was my opinion and I have no regrets.”
“The incidents what followed shouldn’t have happened… I don’t know why all this happened to me and my friend,” the 21-year old girl further said.
Shaheen expressed happiness over the probe report and said that she will be back on facebook Saturday morning.
Shaheen along with Rinu had deleted their account following the uproar by Shiv Sena.
A report on the arrest of two girls for their Facebook comments questioning the shutdown in the city after Bal Thackeray`s death was submitted to Maharashtra`s director general of police on Friday.
Apart from the findings by Inspector General (Konkan Range) Sukhvinder Singh, the report also contains details of the FIR and statements of the officers involved in the arrests.
Officials from Palghar police station in Thane district had Sunday arrested Shaheen and her friend Rinu for posting the comments.
The report has been received and submitted to the DGP office. It mentions whether the arrests were warranted for and if the sections applied were correct," Deven Bharti, special inspector general, Maharashtra told mediapersons here.
Even as Bharti did not comment on the contents of the report, other officials said that the report has indicted the policemen involved in the arrests and that the arrests could have been averted.
Officials conditioning anonymity said that the charges framed against Shaheen and Rinu are most likely to be dropped.
Statements of both the girls were also recorded by Singh. They have given a complete account of the sequence of events of the two days. This has also been included in the report submitted to the DGP.
Thane rural police had also arrested 10 rioters who ransacked the hospital of Shaheen`s uncle. However, they were released on a bail of Rs.7,500 each after being presented in a local court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India