Facebook outrage: I have no regrets, says Shaheen
Mumbai: 21-year-old Shaheen Dadha, who was arrested along with her friend Rinu Srinivasan for their Facebook comments questioning the shutdown in the city after Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray`s death has said that she has no regrets about her comments on facebook.
Speaking to CNN-IBN news channel, Shaheen said, “What I wrote on my facebook account was my opinion and I have no regrets.”
“The incidents what followed shouldn’t have happened… I don’t know why all this happened to me and my friend,” the 21-year old girl further said.
Shaheen expressed happiness over the probe report and said that she will be back on facebook Saturday morning.
Shaheen along with Rinu had deleted their account following the uproar by Shiv Sena.
A report on the arrest of two girls for their Facebook comments questioning the shutdown in the city after Bal Thackeray`s death was submitted to Maharashtra`s director general of police on Friday.
Apart from the findings by Inspector General (Konkan Range) Sukhvinder Singh, the report also contains details of the FIR and statements of the officers involved in the arrests.
Officials from Palghar police station in Thane district had Sunday arrested Shaheen and her friend Rinu for posting the comments.
The report has been received and submitted to the DGP office. It mentions whether the arrests were warranted for and if the sections applied were correct," Deven Bharti, special inspector general, Maharashtra told mediapersons here.
Even as Bharti did not comment on the contents of the report, other officials said that the report has indicted the policemen involved in the arrests and that the arrests could have been averted.
Officials conditioning anonymity said that the charges framed against Shaheen and Rinu are most likely to be dropped.
Statements of both the girls were also recorded by Singh. They have given a complete account of the sequence of events of the two days. This has also been included in the report submitted to the DGP.
Thane rural police had also arrested 10 rioters who ransacked the hospital of Shaheen`s uncle. However, they were released on a bail of Rs.7,500 each after being presented in a local court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack