Factional feud surfaces in Nagpur NCP unit
Nagpur: Four city party corporators along with city womens` wing chief and several current and ex-office bearers of NCP`s Nagpur unit have raised a banner of revolt in the party and have sought immediate removal of incumbent president Ajay Patil from the post.
Also, they have threatened to quit enmasse if Patil is not sacked.
In a letter submitted yesterday and a copy released to press, addressed to Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and state Party President Madhukar Pichad in Mumbai during a `janta durbar` programme, they said the party was suffering because of the authoritarian and autocratic style of Patil`s working.
"We have told the top leaders that continuing Patil in the post would damage the party in the city. His performance in civic elections last year was poor. All his energies were concentrated in ensuring his wife Pragati Patil`s election as corporator. Also, he has got several posts like civic standing committee member, vice-president of state womens` wing, state party general secretary, for her defying the one-person one post norm.
"More recently when a womens` rally was organised for MP Supriya Sule, Patil got Pragati named as Chief Co-ordinator just three days before the February 16 event, when we were striving for a month preparing for success of the event, said Nutan Rewatkar, city womens` wing president of NCP.
Rewatkar is among the 20 odd signatories of the letter demanding Patil`s removal.
Among others who signed the letter are NCP group leader in civic house Duneshwar Pethe, corporator Seema Raut and two more corporators.
Senior leaders Anil Ahirkar, Vedprakash Arya, Ratnakala Bajaj, Bajrangsinh Parihar, Pravin Kunte, Suresh Gudahdhe Patil, youth leader Vishal Khandekar, labour cell leader Tahil Syed, students wing leader Shailendra Tiwari have also signed the letter and some of them were present while submitting it yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow