Factional feud surfaces in Nagpur NCP unit
Nagpur: Four city party corporators along with city womens` wing chief and several current and ex-office bearers of NCP`s Nagpur unit have raised a banner of revolt in the party and have sought immediate removal of incumbent president Ajay Patil from the post.
Also, they have threatened to quit enmasse if Patil is not sacked.
In a letter submitted yesterday and a copy released to press, addressed to Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and state Party President Madhukar Pichad in Mumbai during a `janta durbar` programme, they said the party was suffering because of the authoritarian and autocratic style of Patil`s working.
"We have told the top leaders that continuing Patil in the post would damage the party in the city. His performance in civic elections last year was poor. All his energies were concentrated in ensuring his wife Pragati Patil`s election as corporator. Also, he has got several posts like civic standing committee member, vice-president of state womens` wing, state party general secretary, for her defying the one-person one post norm.
"More recently when a womens` rally was organised for MP Supriya Sule, Patil got Pragati named as Chief Co-ordinator just three days before the February 16 event, when we were striving for a month preparing for success of the event, said Nutan Rewatkar, city womens` wing president of NCP.
Rewatkar is among the 20 odd signatories of the letter demanding Patil`s removal.
Among others who signed the letter are NCP group leader in civic house Duneshwar Pethe, corporator Seema Raut and two more corporators.
Senior leaders Anil Ahirkar, Vedprakash Arya, Ratnakala Bajaj, Bajrangsinh Parihar, Pravin Kunte, Suresh Gudahdhe Patil, youth leader Vishal Khandekar, labour cell leader Tahil Syed, students wing leader Shailendra Tiwari have also signed the letter and some of them were present while submitting it yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?