Fake bail bond scam: 21 RPF personnel suspended
Mumbai: Twenty-one RPF personnel, who were
allegedly involved in a multi-crore fake bail bond scam, have
been suspended, sources in the force said.
Last year, a PIL was filed by the Railway Suburban
Passengers` Association before the Bombay High Court alleging
that the 21 RPF personnel posted at Kurla station in 2008-09
had booked commuters for trespassing and crossing railway
tracks and released them on fake cash bail bonds and
misappropriated the money.
The Railway Protection Force personnel had allegedly
asked the commuters to pay Rs 500 bail bonds each in the fake
courts staged by them.
The CBI was handed over the probe in the case by the High
Court in August last year.
"A preliminary inquiry was conducted on the allegations
of such activities against the 21 personnel. Prima facie, it
appeared that they resorted to some illegal activities,
following which, they were suspended," a senior RPF official
Recently, the High Court had also rapped the RPF for not
suspending its personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015