Fake bail bond scam: 21 RPF personnel suspended
Mumbai: Twenty-one RPF personnel, who were
allegedly involved in a multi-crore fake bail bond scam, have
been suspended, sources in the force said.
Last year, a PIL was filed by the Railway Suburban
Passengers` Association before the Bombay High Court alleging
that the 21 RPF personnel posted at Kurla station in 2008-09
had booked commuters for trespassing and crossing railway
tracks and released them on fake cash bail bonds and
misappropriated the money.
The Railway Protection Force personnel had allegedly
asked the commuters to pay Rs 500 bail bonds each in the fake
courts staged by them.
The CBI was handed over the probe in the case by the High
Court in August last year.
"A preliminary inquiry was conducted on the allegations
of such activities against the 21 personnel. Prima facie, it
appeared that they resorted to some illegal activities,
following which, they were suspended," a senior RPF official
Recently, the High Court had also rapped the RPF for not
suspending its personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal