Fake bail bond scam: CBI seeks 6 weeks time for probe
Mumbai: CBI on Thursday informed the Bombay High Court that it would complete probe and file its charge sheet in the fake bail bond scam at suburban Kurla railway station involving several RPF personnel, within six weeks.
A division bench of Justices S A Bobde and R G Ketkar was hearing a public interest litigation filed by social activist Samir Zaveri alleging that certain Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel were releasing persons booked for trespassing and crossing railway tracks on fake cash bail bonds.
In August last year, the High Court had transferred investigation in the case to CBI following allegations of shoddy probe by the Government Railway Police (GRP).
CBI on several ocassions was pulled up by the High Court for its slow probe. In July this year, the court had directed the central agency to complete its investigation within a month.
The agency today, however, sought six weeks more time to complete its probe and file charge sheet. It informed the court that the agency has filed an application before a lower court seeking permission to conduct scientific tests on 12 RPF personnel.
In his PIL, Zaveri had alleged that a head constable acted as a magistrate and granted bail to the alleged offenders and the money collected was misappropriated by the RPF personnel themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi