Fake encounter: Witnesses, complainant undergo polygraph test
Mumbai: Three witnesses and the
complainant in the case related to alleged fake encounter of
Ramnarayan Gupta, a suspected aide of gangster Chhota Rajan,
underwent lie-detector tests, police sources said on Tuesday.
Ramnarayan alias Lakhan Bhaiyya was killed allegedly
in a staged encounter by a police team headed by then
Inspector Pradeep Sharma on November 11, 2006 in Versova here.
Sharma, an `encounter specialist` now dismissed from
service, Constables Ratnakar Kamble and Tanaji Desai and three
others were arrested in the case on January 7.
As part of its probe, Special Investigating Team (SIT)
headed by Deputy Police Commissioner M M Prasanna last week
conducted lie-detector tests on the witnesses and advocate
Ramprasad Gupta, brother of Ramnarayan and the complainant,
the sources said.
Results of the polygraph test were not revealed.
Through the tests, police wanted to know whether the
allegations levelled by the complainant were true, they added.
Advocated Ganesh Iyyer, Ramanarayan`s friend Anil Beda
and his wife Aruna are the witnesses who were subjected to
these tests, the sources added.
Questions posed to Ramprasad included if he had sent
separate telegrams to the Police Commissioners of Mumbai, Navi
Mumbai and Thane soon after his brother was picked up by
police as he claimed in his complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Rio Olympics 2016: Neymar defends his party boy lifestyle
- Mayawati raises assault on Muslim women by vigilantes in Madhya Pradesh
- Volkswagen kicks off deliveries of its first Made in India car Ameo
- Kalam's death has left irreplaceable void: PM Narendra Modi
- Flood alert sounded in UP districts after rains in Nepal