Family of cheats held
Thane: With the arrest of a couple and their
two sons, Thane police on friday claimed to have bust a major
cheating racket run by the family involving several merchants
in various states.
According to police, the family members had procured
cloth from one Jyoti Totla who had a cloth business in Kalyan
and Ichalkaranji by name of Padmawati Textiles.
They bought goods worth Rs 4.68 crores between October
2007 and June 2008 and paid only a sum of Rs 2.76 crores
towards the purchases.
As they did not make the balance payment and fled Kalyan,
a complaint was lodged with Bazarpeth police , which carried
out investigations and nabbed the foursome from
The arrested family members are Ramesh Batariya (56),
Hansa Batariya (54), Dharmesh Bhatariya (29) and Sagar(26).
They were produced before the local magistrate who
remanded them to police custody upto November 14.
Police further said the family is already involved in
two cases of cheating at Rajasthan, and several other
instances of cheque bouncing at Ahmedabad, Ichalkaranji,
Bhiwandi and Mumbai.
The accused have been charged under sections 420,406 rw
34 of the IPC, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'