Farmer attempts suicide at Chavan’s rally
Amravati: A farmer attempted to commit suicide at a rally of Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan here on Sunday.
Police said the farmer tried to end his life by consuming poison. The incident happened at Amravati in the afternoon.
The farmer, believed to be in his early 40s, first indulged in sloganeering and then reportedly consumed a bottle of pesticide.
Chavan was addressing an election meeting for the
forthcoming municipal corporation election when Arun Sabane
(45) allegedly consumed some insecticide in a bid to draw the
Chief Minister`s attention to his problems, they said.
He was rushed to the civil hospital in Amravati for
treatment, police added.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row