Farmer attempts suicide at Chavan’s rally
Amravati: A farmer attempted to commit suicide at a rally of Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan here on Sunday.
Police said the farmer tried to end his life by consuming poison. The incident happened at Amravati in the afternoon.
The farmer, believed to be in his early 40s, first indulged in sloganeering and then reportedly consumed a bottle of pesticide.
Chavan was addressing an election meeting for the
forthcoming municipal corporation election when Arun Sabane
(45) allegedly consumed some insecticide in a bid to draw the
Chief Minister`s attention to his problems, they said.
He was rushed to the civil hospital in Amravati for
treatment, police added.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt