Farmer attempts suicide at Chavan’s rally
Amravati: A farmer attempted to commit suicide at a rally of Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan here on Sunday.
Police said the farmer tried to end his life by consuming poison. The incident happened at Amravati in the afternoon.
The farmer, believed to be in his early 40s, first indulged in sloganeering and then reportedly consumed a bottle of pesticide.
Chavan was addressing an election meeting for the
forthcoming municipal corporation election when Arun Sabane
(45) allegedly consumed some insecticide in a bid to draw the
Chief Minister`s attention to his problems, they said.
He was rushed to the civil hospital in Amravati for
treatment, police added.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon