Farmer attempts suicide at Chavan’s rally
Amravati: A farmer attempted to commit suicide at a rally of Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan here on Sunday.
Police said the farmer tried to end his life by consuming poison. The incident happened at Amravati in the afternoon.
The farmer, believed to be in his early 40s, first indulged in sloganeering and then reportedly consumed a bottle of pesticide.
Chavan was addressing an election meeting for the
forthcoming municipal corporation election when Arun Sabane
(45) allegedly consumed some insecticide in a bid to draw the
Chief Minister`s attention to his problems, they said.
He was rushed to the civil hospital in Amravati for
treatment, police added.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video