Farmer commits suicide after rains wipe out his crops
Nashik: A 42-year-old farmer in Daregaon village in North Maharashtra`s Satana taluka of Nashik district committed a suicide by consuming poison yesterday, sources said.
The farmer, Atmaram Sitaram Pawar, took the extreme step, unable to bear losses of his pomegranate and gram crops on seven acres of land, due to unseasonal rains and hailstorms, the police said here today.
He is survived by his parents, wife, a son and two daughters. His body has been handed over to his relatives after post mortem.
His father Sitaram Pawar said that he became frustrated and depressed after unseasonal rains and ended his life.
Agriculture officer D K Kapadnis visited his house and condoled his death, saying that they would try their best to provide government financial assistance to his kin and also assessed loss of crops to send a report to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in