Farmer ends life in Nashik
Nashik: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide in Dahivad village of Devla taluka here, police said on Thursday.
Walmik Kashinath Beldar, 59, consumed poison yesterday, police said adding that he succumbed on way to the hospital.
Under stress of the drought situation and heavy loan taken by him, he took the extreme step, police added.
A probe was on in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Woman killed for dowry in Etah; husband, five others booked
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka