Farmer ends life in Nashik
Nashik: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide in Dahivad village of Devla taluka here, police said on Thursday.
Walmik Kashinath Beldar, 59, consumed poison yesterday, police said adding that he succumbed on way to the hospital.
Under stress of the drought situation and heavy loan taken by him, he took the extreme step, police added.
A probe was on in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today