Farmer ends life in Nashik
Nashik: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide in Dahivad village of Devla taluka here, police said on Thursday.
Walmik Kashinath Beldar, 59, consumed poison yesterday, police said adding that he succumbed on way to the hospital.
Under stress of the drought situation and heavy loan taken by him, he took the extreme step, police added.
A probe was on in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam