Farmer ends life in Nashik
Nashik: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide in Dahivad village of Devla taluka here, police said on Thursday.
Walmik Kashinath Beldar, 59, consumed poison yesterday, police said adding that he succumbed on way to the hospital.
Under stress of the drought situation and heavy loan taken by him, he took the extreme step, police added.
A probe was on in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform
- Labour Unions adamant on Sept 2 strike; Datatterya, Goyal hold meeting