Farmer ends life in Nashik
Nashik: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide in Dahivad village of Devla taluka here, police said on Thursday.
Walmik Kashinath Beldar, 59, consumed poison yesterday, police said adding that he succumbed on way to the hospital.
Under stress of the drought situation and heavy loan taken by him, he took the extreme step, police added.
A probe was on in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?